The home that would be the Berkeley Farms Mansion was built circa 1870 in open fields, when much of Berkeley was still farm land. A hundred years later there were houses on all sides. The mansion was in a severe state of disrepair. It had been cut in half to make 2 apartments. It had been vandalized and its doors, fireplace mantle and many other items stolen. Rorick and Meyer purchased the building and began an historic restoration, converting the house back to a single family home, finding antique doors and hardware. The house was rebuilt from top to bottom and finally sold to a new family.
click on the picture for a larger image.